Founder and organizer of the festival
ANIMAFILM International Animation Festival was founded in 2018 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The founder and organizer of the festival ANIMAFILM is the Limited Liability Company PERI FILM (TIN 2004815851). Address: 5th building, house 2A, 2934th quarter, Sadıqcan str., apt.24, Khatai district, Baku, AZ1026, Azerbaijan
The status of the festival
V ANIMAFILM will be held on 7-11 September, 2022 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The festival ANIMAFILM sets itself the following goals:
- To promote the development of animation art in Azerbaijan.
- To create a platform to screen animated films and exchange experiences between local and foreign animation film professionals.
- To promote the production of new Azerbaijani animated films.
- To promote the creation of potential international co-productions.
Management of the preparation and holding of the ANIMAFILM festival is carried out by the Organizing Committee, headed by the festival director. The structure of the Organizing Committee is formed by the director of the festival.
The festival program includes a competition program, a non-competition program, a program for professionals and an accompanying program.
The Organizing Committee determines the program and the order of screenings of animated films at the festival.
The competition program includes the following categories:
- Best Azerbaijani Short Animated Film
- Best Short Animated Film (up to 20 minutes) - GRAND PRIX
- Best Feature Animated Film (over 60 minutes) - GRAND PRIX
- Best Short Animated Film for Children (up to 10 minutes)
- Best Short Animated Film Made by Children (up to 5 minutes)
- Best Short Experimental or Abstract Animated Film (up to 5 minutes)
- Best Short Student Animated Film (up to 15 minutes)
- Best Animated TV series (up to 12 minutes)
- Best Animated Music Video (up to 5 minutes)/li>
- Audience Award
Non-competition program is compiled by the Organizing Committee and consists of the following sections:
- Thematic shows - this section is devoted to the main theme of the festival ANIMAFILM. In 2022 the theme of the festival is "CLIMATE CHANGE".
- Retrospectives - the festival will hold a retrospective of the author, who was awarded the prize "For contribution to the Azerbaijani animation". Other retrospectives can be devoted to genres, certain animation techniques, animation schools, etc.
- Children's program - this section will present national and foreign animated films provided for the children's audience.
The professional program is compiled by the Organizing Committee and includes:
- Business meetings on topical issues of modern animation, at which professionals intend to conduct an interactive discussion with the participation of representatives of the media and fans of animation films.
- Master classes on the types of animation films, where professionals will show basic knowledge on this art form. The main participants of the event will be children and adults who can make their own animated film. Animation workshops are organised by ANIMAFILM School, which was created by ANIMAFILM Festival in 2019.
- Lectures and seminars of professionals on the theme of animation.
The accompanying program may include exhibitions, concerts, creative meetings and other events related to the art of animation films.
A participant can send an unlimited number of works to the festival.
The Selection Panel has the right to independently determine works submitted for the festival in a particular program, category or section, not notifying the participant in advance.
All the films of the contest program will be shown in the original language with Azerbaijani or English subtitles.
Conditions for accepting of animated films for participation in the competition program
To participate at the festival IV ANIMAFILM you need to fill submit your film through ilmFreeway platform from August 1, 2021 to July 15, 2022 inclusive.
The film must comply with the following conditions:
- The film must be shot after January 1, 2020.
- More than 50% of the film must be an animation. There are no limitations in the animation techniques used in the film.
- One film can only participate in one category.
- Copyright of competitive films are regulated by international law. The participant (director, producer or other authorized person) who provides an animated film, declares that he is the copyright owner of the film and is authorized to screen the film at the festival.
The participant of the festival (director, producer or other authorized person), sending a film for the festival selection ANIMAFILM, agrees that the Organizing Committee has the right to:
- Unlimited number of public screenings of an animated film during 2022-2023 at all festival events (online and offline), as well as other events in Azerbaijan and abroad.
- Use of parts of an animated film in the festival promos, festival website and internet platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.), documentary films about the festival, television reports about the festival and other audiovisual products aimed at disseminating information on the festival.
- To publish a trailer of an animated film on the website of the festival and internet platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.).
- Use of shots and characters in the festival promotional materials (festival catalog, festival website, festival promo products etc.).
- Create Azerbaijani and English subtitles or/and dubbing for the animated film.
- Store animated film in the archive of the festival.
The Organizing Committee appoints a Selection Panel consisting of independent professionals working in the field of animation and arts. Members of the Organizing Committee can be members of the Selection Panel. The Panel selects films for the competition and other programs among the works submitted for selection. The decisions of the Selection Panel are final. The Selection Panel reserves the right not to explain the reason for the refusal and not to comment.
The international jury is elected by the Organizing Committee.
International Jury selects the best films in all categories.
Special Children’s Jury selects the winner in the category of Best Short Animated Film for Children. The age of the children should be between 7 years to 17 years.
The winner of the Audience Award will be determined by audience, who can vote after each screening. Audience can only vote for the films that are included to the competition program. All members of the Organizing Committee, the Selection Panel, Jury, the festival team, volunteers, all festivals guests, participants and regular audience has right to vote.
The Jury cannot include members of the Organizing Committee, the Selection Panel or people, who participated in the creation of animated films, which participate if the competition program.
All members of the Jury, members of the Organizing Committee and the Selection Panel undertake to refrain from public statements about the contest films before the closing of the festival.
The Organizing Committee and Selection Panel may attend the discussions of the Jury, but they do not have the right to vote.
The Jury awards the "Golden Boat" diploma prize for the best film in each category.
Organizing Committee of the festival awards a special sculpture-award Golden Boat for Contribution to Azerbaijani Animation.
NOTE: The Golden Boat sculpture-award for Contribution to Azerbaijani Animation was awarded to Masud Panachi in 2018, and to Frangiz Kurbanova and Elchin Hami Akhundov in 2019, Hafiz Akbarov in 2020, Ramiz Aghayev in 2021.
The "Audience Award" is awarded based on the results of the audience vote. Counting of votes is carried out under the guidance of the Organizing Committee of the festival.
The 5th ANIMAFILM festival has the right to allow sponsors to establish their own prizes.
This regulation is written in Azerbaijani and English on January 7, 2022. In case of issues related to the interpretation of the text, the Azerbaijani version of the regulation remains decisive.
Participation in the festival ANIMAFILM implies the unconditional acceptance of the conditions and rules set out in this regulation. Any issues and disputes that arose during the preparation and holding of the festival will be decided by the organizer of the festival and in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.